Friday, April 10, 2009

i have to say that for a pagan i celebrate a lot of christian holidays and not many traditionally pagan ones.
easter is a big deal for my kids.
it is the last candy holiday until halloween.
i have no problem tossing some chocolate bunnies and marshmallow eggs in a basket with bubbles, chalk and other trinkets.
i know the symbolism behind the rabbit & eggs but don't care that much next to my kiddos pleasure.
we even have the traditional ham dinner to please my father.
who brings me an easter lily every year.

true, i will not be stepping inside a sanctioned religious building, but with my family around me i find my own grace.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sure there is also some Pagan symbolism to the bunnies, eggs, ham, lilies, etc. After all, 90% of the Christian holidays come from Pagan roots.... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted to say you're not alone. I'm pagan but share a house with my christian sister and her husband, so we celebrate both pagan and christian holidays and I enjoy them all. I believe the goddess would rather have you sharing love and good times with your family than being a purist by yourself.

    ReplyDelete

pat the kitty?